By being in Stockly's network, retailers can have different roles, they can choose to be part of Stockly to:
- fill their out-of-stocks (Demander)
- increase their sales by distributing their stocks (Supplier)
- or both
Retailers that want Stockly to fill their out-of-stocks are called Demanders. Demanders ask Stockly to fill specific variants and receive in exchange answers(2). If a variant is answered, demanders can make it available on their own website. Then they forward to Stockly all the orders that come on that specific variant.
Here are the first 3 features you should implement for minimal integration with Stockly as a demander:
- Generating your targets - telling Stockly what you want to be filled
- Fetching your answers - fetching what Stockly can fill for you
- Submitting orders - forwarding to Stockly the orders that were made on your answered out-of-stocks
Retailers that want to join Stockly to increase their sales are called Suppliers. Suppliers distribute their stocks on Stockly's network so that those stocks answer demanders' targets. If an order is forwarded from a demander to Stockly on a variant a supplier distributed, Stockly will create a Purchase to purchase the corresponding item from the supplier. As for a regular customer of an e-commerce website, suppliers will need to confirm they can complete the purchase and then update it according to its progress.
Here are the first 3 features you should implement for minimal integration with Stockly as a supplier: